Bosnia and Herzegovina has been hit by the worst floods in recorded history. Preliminary data given by the BiH Minster of Foreign Affairs estimates that over one million citizens have been affected – every forth citizen. Over 100,000 homes have been destroyed or damaged, 230 schools and hospitals devastated, while landslides continue threatening homes and infrastructure.
Mozaik Foundation created a special account called “Solidarity”. Herewith we invite you to use this account to support Emergency and Recovery activities in BiH.
While fully aware that we cannot meet the needs in all affected areas, we sincerely promise that your funds will be used transparently and exclusively under the following 3 priorities:
1. Drinking water is lacking in several municipalities. At this moment public authorities are unable to predict when water supply systems will be operational again. Mozaik is sourcing four mobile LIFESAVER C2 systems (http://www.lifesaversystems.com/lifesaver-products/lifesaver-c2), water purification systems that produce 18L of clean water per minute. In cooperation with the Ministry of Security and our local networks Mozaik will place them in the most vulnerable areas.
2. Mozaik will reorganize its current activities and networks to finance youth-led actions focused on flood relief and recovery. These will include revitalization of public institutions and spaces such as schools and kindergartens. Small grants will be offered to formal and non-formal groups to help recovery at community level. Hundreds of youth in BiH will be mobilized through at least two youth camps to repair selected local infrastructure.
3. Thousands of people have lost/will lose their jobs since the business sector suffered severe damages. This is why our highest priority is the economic recovery of affected areas:
to provide most vulnerable rural families with a) seeding material, b) professional support, and c) secured market link.
You can make your donation by:
1. using ammado.com, here on the right
2. to the bank account below:
|BENEFICIARY NAME:||MOZAIK FOUNDATION|
|ADRESS:||SOUKBUNAR 42, 71000 SARAJEVO, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
|BENEFICIARY BANK:||SPARKASSE BANK DD BOSNA I HERCEGOVINA|
|ADRESS:||ZMAJA OD BOSNE 7, SARAJEVO, BIH|
|PURPOSE OF PAYMENT:||FLOOD RELIEF IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
Please ask your friends and family to donate as well.
Thank you once again! We will keep you posted on how your donation was used.
* Sparkasse bank and Raiffeisen BANK BiH offered not to charge bank fees. The bank of the sender and in the case of international donations intermidiate bank might charge their bank fees according to their policies. Ammado costs account for around 7,5% from donations. For more information on their giving policy please read section B VI-VIII.
No overhead costs will be charged. Only a minimum cost will be charged to make sure the assistance is delivered in a fair, transparent and professional way.